[Kde-nonlinux] apostrophy is messing up font.

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 10:58:49 CET 2003

On Wednesday 03 December 2003 11:41, Richard Čepas wrote:
> It's Konqueror bug, not page problem.  The page sends correct charset
> in the header which takes precedence over HTML.  You may found it in
> the bug database, I think it is going to be fixed in future versions.

I would say that a page that declares itself as one character set, but
is actually stored in another, is flawed.

Yes, khtml can possibly be fixed to work around this, but that doesn't
avoid the fact that the page is flawed. If the page is stored as utf8
(and it is) then it should declare utf8 as the character set. Having to
recode the charset to work around this problem is a hack.

A.