[Kde-nonlinux] Duplicate messages to this list

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 09:25:07 CEST 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 01:53, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 25 April 2003 16:43, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> > [cc news at pandmservices.com]
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Could somebody fix this list so it doesn't get the same messages
> > twice, separated by several minutes?
>
> You now got them 1800 times instead of twice :-}

Yes :(

> I hope we have any subscribers left after this ordeal :-\
>
> To be clear, the problem in this case was that the clueless people
> running the inav.net domain don't understand that automatic replies
> should bounce to a mail's return-path address and not to the reply-to
> address. Free advice to inav.net: fire your IT staff and hire some
> people who know what they are doing.

There was actually two separate issues:

1. Chris had a misconfiguration that was re-injecting a single copy of
each article, which he has fixed. This was the problem I was
complaining about originally.

2. The inav.net problem, which was about the second worst mailloop I've
seen this year. (#1 was similar, on a different (non-kde) list, which
complicated matters by including the full text of the original message,
including headers, plus the bounce message. By the time it was killed,
it was sending out 60MB emails...)

Anyway, thanks to everyone for clearing the problems up.

Cheers,

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
"In an open world without walls and fences,      | tap at lspace.org