[Kde-nonlinux] kde problems with 3.2

Dave Feustel kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 07:26:23 -0500

I seem to have lost this file/directory.
(I keep getting a message "No such file or directory"
when I attempt to reinstall kde 2.2 packages.)
What kde package do I need to install to get it back?

I got into this fix before I realized that the Openbsd 3.2 cdrom doesn't
include kmail/knode and also that konsole, kspread and kivio seem to
be broken, possibly because of other parts of kde not included on the cdrom.
It took me a little while to figure this out and I lost some kde functionality trying to

I have downloaded additional kde packages from the openbsd 3.2
package archives to see if installing those additional packages fixes the
problems with kde 3 versions of konsole, kspread and kivio,. But I now find
myself with a  defective kde installation as a result of multiple pkg-add/delete
invocations. (I may have to just install 3.2 from scratch to  clean the mess up).

Shifting gears...

The i386 openbsd 3.2 package archive for i386  at the mirror site
I accessed yesterday is 1.2GB.

I can't afford both telephone service and the Comcast broadband internet
access which would make possible the download of all the i386 packages.
Is there available from any source (possibly via special order)
a bootable 386-specific DVDrom containing Openbsd 3.2 release as well
as all the i386 packages, ports and source (and possibly  openbsd mailing
list archives as well)? (I've had problems trying to find things in the archive,
getting either no hits or way more than 50). If I had the archives on my
computer as text files I expect that I could do better at finding the info I'm
looking for).

My brief, but so far very rewarding ,experience with Openbsd leads
me to believe that it could be used as a (completely?) secure internet
interface  by end users who need only browser, email, newsgroup and
ftp access if it were shipped with either kde (my choice at the moment)
and/or gnome  installed by default to get new users off to a quick start.

I'd be real interested in working on such a project to the extent that
my available resources permit.
--
Dave Feustel