[Kde-nonlinux] KDE Development SW

Frerich Raabe kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:58:36 +0100

On Thu, 11/14/02 at 19:47, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I've been trying to figure out what is required for KDE sw development (on Openbsd),
> but I'm not getting very far. Is it necessary to buy QT in order to develop for KDE?

Nope, assuming that you write 'free software', which your KDE stuff is probably
going to be.

> Are there any books in English on KDE 3 in preparation?
> (I can read German without too much trouble, but getting books from
> Germany is expensive)

I don't know of a single english KDE3 book, actually the only KDE3 book (which
is aimed at users, btw. The situation is even worse for development-related
literature) I know of was written by Thomas Diehl, called
"KDE 3 - Praxisfuehrer zur graphischen Benutzerumgebung fuer Linux/Unix",
ISBN 3-934678-78-5

- Frerich