[Kde-nonlinux] Re: fink compile of arts 1.0.2-2

Benjamin Reed kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Sun, 3 Nov 2002 09:12:13 -0500

On Saturday, November 2, 2002, at 06:59 AM, Christopher Molnar wrote:

> I hope that I find the right person lingering around the list. I am
> getting an error compiling arts-1.0.2-2 under fink on OS/X.  Steve,
> are you around?

Dunno about steve, but you're unlikely to get MacOSX/Fink support here
on the main KDE lists unless I happen to be hanging around, since we
currently still maintain a separate tree from KDE mainline.  I'd point
you at the Fink lists, but I'm the Fink KDE maintainer, so you'd end up
talking to me anyways.  <g>

> configure.in:29: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> m4_bpatsubst
> configure.in:98: warning: AC_ARG_PROGRAM invoked multiple times
> configure.in:801: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
> autoconf/status.m4:844: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
> configure.in:801: the top level
> autom4te: /sw/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1
> make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> ### execution of make failed, exit code 2
> Failed: compiling arts-1.0.2-2 failed
> [Christopher-Molnars-Computer:~]

Is that really all you get?  The KDE 3.0 packages (which includes
1.0.2) are pretty picky about your autoconf/automake/libtool versions.
Have you hand-installed any stuff like that?  It's the only thing I can
think of that would cause those errors, since the 10.1-compatible Fink
tree is all but unmaintained at this point.  Almost none of the Fink
packagers are still on 10.1, we've all moved on to 10.2.  Nothing's
changed on 10.1 for some time, and the packages built just fine the
last time we made a bindist.

Another possibility is to install the binaries.  Arts 1.0.2 and the
other KDE 3.0 packages are in dselect/apt-get.  It'll save you a lot of
time compiling, when the end result will be the exact same packages.  =)