Fwd: [Kde-nonlinux] Re: Compiling on Solaris 2.6

Michael Matz kde-nonlinux@kde.org
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 12:06:36 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Simon Josefsson wrote:

> Right, I did not use -no-stl,

I see.

> but README.qt-copy didn't say it is required.

% grep stl README.qtcopy
./configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg
-plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions

You have in principle a point, because it says also, that if you need STL
to omit the appropriate option.  But that point is mood: your original
bugreport indicated an incompatibility between /usr/include/net/if.h and
stl_map.h for Solaris 2.6.  These are system resp. g++ headers, on which
we don't have an influence.  I bet we simply can't make that work easily,
the system headers are broken.  An idea would be to #define away the
conflicting symbol (map? --> shit_old_solaris_netif_map_bla) in the second
header, but that can only be answered and tested by you.

> Consider this a feature report asking that KDE should work with
> QT -stl then. :)

;)  Use non-broken sysheaders then.  Or send patches.

Ciao,
Michael.