Status of libModemManagerQt supporting ModemManager 0.8

Lamarque V. Souza lamarque at kde.org
Fri Sep 6 15:26:36 UTC 2013

On Friday 06 September 2013 16:21:22 Raymond Wooninck wrote:
>Hi Jan,
>
>On Friday 06 September 2013 15:32:07 Jan Grulich wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> we don't have any support for ModemManager > 0.6. There is a branch with
>> some code for MM 0.8, but nothing working yet. Even plasma-nm won't work
>> (Mobile broadband connections) with newer versions of ModemManager.
>
>Thanks for the clarification. Is there any estimation when support for MM 0.8
>would be available ?  Yesterday in the solid irc-channel I understood that
>plasma-nm might work regarding connectivity with MM 0.8, but this seems to
>be wrong.

	Hi,

	Currently Plasma NM (both networkmanagement and plasma-nm) uses
ModemManager just to retrieve some info about the connection, naming operator,
signal quality and access technology. Only those three info would be missing if you
run Plasma NM with MM >= 0.7, anything else would still work (creating, editing,
connecting, disconnecting the connection).

--
Lamarque V. Souza
KDE's Network Management maintainer