Review Request: [RFC] Import VPN connection

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 24 01:36:38 CEST 2011

On Tuesday 24 May 2011, Lamarque Vieira Souza wrote:
> Em Monday 23 May 2011, Kevin Kofler escreveu:
> > Why not use KStandardDirs::findExe?
>
> 	If it works like ' kde4-config --path exe --locate <file>' then it does
> not search in /sbin and /usr/sbin.

findExe also searches in $PATH in addition to the above search path, so if the
distro puts /sbin and /usr/sbin into $PATH (at least current versions of
Fedora do that), it also finds executables there by default.

Plus, findExe can take an optional pathstr parameter which is searched instead
of $PATH, so you can pass a tweaked PATH to the function.

By default, findExe will also verify that the executable is actually
executable, not just existing. This too can be turned off, with an optional
third parameter, but I guess the check is useful anyway.

See the documentation.

        Kevin Kofler