NM09 branch

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Wed May 18 17:14:02 CEST 2011

Dne St 18. května 2011 16:33:56 Ilia Kats napsal(a):
> Hey,
>
> I am using the ifupdown and keyfile plug-ins, and this works here too. The
> thing is: In order to work, we must have secrets available. Secrets can
> either be stored internally by NM or by a user agent. The current
> implementation is that secrets for system-wide connections (meaning the
> "System connection" checkbox is checked, so no permissions are set for the
> connection, meaning NM will let all users connect with it) are stored by
> NM, all other by the yet-to-be-implemented user agent. If you want this to
> work _right now_ you have to change libs/internals/connection.cpp lines
> 210-218 to:
>
> type |= Setting::None;
>
> That way, even for connections restricted to a single user, secrets will be
> stored by NM internally. (As said in the commit message, this still
> doesn't work for 802-1x settings. I could not find any errors, but it
> would be great if someone could double-check the code)
>
> I am going to work on the secrets agent now, but due to the lack of
> documentation for the to-be-implemented
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.SecretAgent interface and lack of time this
> could take a while (if someone knows something about the interface, please
> contact me)
>
> Ilia
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: Re: NM09 branch
> Datum: 18.05.2011 10:39:21 -0300
> Von: Lamarque Vieira Souza <lamarque at gmail.com>
> An: kde-networkmanager at kde.org
>
> > Hi,
> >

> > The old user connections were still listed but they do not work because
> > NM does not recognise them, I have just commit a change to prevent user
> > connections from being listed. Creating connection by clicking on the
> > wireless network works for me. I can cannot usind my etherent, WPA wifi,
> > and 3G/Gsm connections. I have not tested my bluetooth connections but
> > since bluetooth and 3G/Gsm are very alike it probably works too. Only
> > VPN is not working because we need a secrets agent to store the secrets.
> >

> > Well, I can add/edit/delete any connection here (ethernet, wifi, gsm,
> > bluetooth, vpn). Maybe that feature depends on which plugin NM is using.
> > I use ifnet as default in /etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf,
> > which one you use?
> >

> > I am going to say offline most part of day, only in about 10 hours I will
> > be back online.
> >
> > Em Wednesday 18 May 2011, Raymond Wooninck escreveu:
> > > Dear Lamarque,
> > >

> > > I am very sorry, but this issue is not fixed in the NM09 branch of
> > >
> > > networkmanagement. I took a new snapshot from this morning and compiled
> > >
> > > this against the KDE trunk from last night. I removed all the patches
> > > for
> > >
> > > working with NM 0.9, so that I am sure to use the new networkmanagement
> > >
> > > functionality.
> > >

> > > The plasmoid shows the connections, etc. However I can can click on any

> [...]

Hi,
you can have a look at my proof-of-concept code here:
https://bitbucket.org/caybro/knm9

The interesting parts are in:
https://bitbucket.org/caybro/knm9/src/ac430c8136dd/backend/NMSecretAgent.cpp
https://bitbucket.org/caybro/knm9/src/ac430c8136dd/backend/NMSecretAgent.h
(just a very simple implementation of the agent, the real stuff should use
KWallet as the backend for storing the secrets)

and the most tricky part, the creation of the agent:
https://bitbucket.org/caybro/knm9/src/ac430c8136dd/gui/mainwindow.cpp#cl-100
(lines 100 - 105)

HTH,
--