[networkmanagement/nm09] backends/NetworkManager: add the missing device::activeConnection DBUS method

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 04:02:01 CEST 2011

Em Thursday 09 June 2011, Lamarque Vieira Souza escreveu:
> Em Thursday 09 June 2011, Lukas Tinkl escreveu:
> > Git commit d2c741839d65fc6a49ce151d413813c6abd9be4e by Lukas Tinkl.
> > Committed on 09/06/2011 at 14:42.
> > Pushed by lukas into branch 'nm09'.
> >
> > add the missing device::activeConnection DBUS method
> >
> > using this, we have a perfect reverse mapping from
> > device -> active connection -> connection settings
> >
> > We could imho use this to simplify a lot of code, what do you think?
>
> 	Is this a new property in NM-0.9 specification? There is no mention of
> this property in NetworkManager-0.8.999/introspection/nm-device.xml nor in
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/migrating-to-09/spec.ht
> ml. There is an ActiveConnections property in
> NetworkManager-0.8.999/introspection/nm-manager.xml which we already
> support.

	Answering my own question it is indeed new, 0.8.9997 includes this
property. I will upgrade the nm09 branch to require this version to compile.
We can use this property in interface details widget to get the details about
VPN connections. I do not see anywhere else we could use it, can you give me
more examples where we could use it? I am not saying that it is has no use,
just does not come to my mind now where else we could use it.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm