Networkmanagment -- insufficient permission to add connections

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Dec 20 11:23:00 UTC 2011

Hey all,

Since I've done an upgrade to openSUSE 12.1, which has NM 0.9, I'm having a
problem adding connections using the NM plasmoid (and nm-applet as well). I'm
running a build from Git, installed in my homedir.

I guess there's some policykit definition missing, but I really don't know
where to check / poke. Starting the plasmoid as root, I can edit connections.

Activating an existing connection works from my normal user account.

Any hints?
--
sebas