Move networkmanagement to git

Johannes Obermayr johannesobermayr at gmx.de
Tue Nov 30 18:44:30 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 30. November 2010, 17:27:15 schrieben Sie:
> 19 Kasım 2010 Cuma günü (saat 17:38:43) Johannes Obermayr şunları yazmıştı:
> > Hi,
> >

> Hello Johannes,
>
> > I am writing a rule for move to git.
> >
> > I need confirmation of some information:
> >
> >     * The name and description of the project.
> > 	-> networkmanagement
> > 	-> Applet and control panel for NetworkManager
> >
> >     * The current location of the project.
> > 	-> trunk/base/networkmanagement
> >
> >     * Its current or intended module (e.g. playground/utils or
> > extragear/network). -> extragear/base
> >
> >     * Which KDE Identity user name(s) should have admin rights to the
> > repository and the entry on KDE Projects. -> jobermayr (for initial
> > pushing), wstephens, sebas
> >
> >     * The email address that the ReviewBoard group for the project should
> > send emails to. -> kde-networkmanager at kde.org
> >
> >     * The date and time the migration should take place (can be "asap").
> > 	-> within a few hours/days (if no problems occur)
> >

> > Btw. I would say: Commit freeze until move is finished ...
> >

> I've committed some changes to networkmanager svn (my last commit was today
> 16:10 UTC+2), after this mail. Sorry about that :) What should I do now? Does
> the commit freeze still continue? Do you know when will it be finished?
>
> Thanks.

I only need confirmation that my repository is right:

http://gitweb.kde.org/scratch/jobermayr/networkmanagement.git

Especially 'gitk --all' between 2008-11-05 and 2009-02-09 (knetworkmanager-4.1-openSUSE) looks a bit weird.
There it seems r911930 was the last commit merged to master (playground/base/plasma/applets/networkmanager) although that branch is up to r923867.

I merged commits in /branches/work/~wstephens/networkmanager/ directly to master since there was not a commit in playground/base/plasma/applets/networkmanager during that time.

If that is right I will rebuild the repository and do the initial commit to git.kde.org/networkmanagement (including all needed adaptions for scripty and friends) ...

PS: I have been at work again for two weeks (new working place and tasks after 6 weeks holiday) and needed time to acclimatize :-)