[Kde-hardware-devel] Review Request: Adds tab with Mobile Broadband info (depends on ModemManager)

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Wed May 19 18:40:16 CEST 2010

Em Quarta-feira 19 Maio 2010, Sebastian Kügler escreveu:
> Hey,
>
> > > I've just committed a change to not install knm's autostart file by
> > > default, but load the kded module instead, by the way. So by default,
> > > you get the Plasmoid now. The default Plasma layout will now also
> > > enable the NM Plasmoid in the notification area, this change went into
> > > trunk last weekend.
> >
> > 	Not working here. I have just ckecked out and compiled
> >
> > kdereview/networkmanagement and it does not load the module
> > automatically. I added a .desktop file in ~/.config/autostart to make it
> > load at login.
>
> Did you run kbuildsycoca4? IIRC, itc cache needs refreshing for changes in
> those .desktop files to work.

	I will try.

> > 	The disable button works as expected if the connection is *not* set to
> >
> > auto-connect. If it is set to auto-connect clicking on disable makes the
> > connection reconnect, which with my MD300 modem means the connection will
> > always fail because of the cdc_ether problem I described above. With
> > wireless clicking on disable makes the connection reconnects, but I would
> > like it to just disable the connection instead of reconnect.
>
> Right ... I haven't found a way to tell a connection that has the automatic
> bit set that it should disconnect and *not* reconnect. Something to figure
> out.

	I will take a look at this.

> > 	I think there is no button to launch the notification configuration in
> >
> > the plasmoid's config dialog, only for "connections" and "other"
> > configurations. I far as I know the notification infra-structure is
> > shared between the plasmoid and knm, right? I have already setup the
> > notifications in system settings to work with knm, so they should work
> > with plasmoid too, right? It sems kded module does not use
> > ./libs/service/notificationmanager.*
>
> Haven't looked into this, that's more Will's domain.

	This is one thing I would like have implemented. I can try to make it
work. Some weeks ago Will was moving to a new appartment, since then I have
not heard of him.

> > 	Two other problems I have just found: 1. the plasmoid layout gets messed
> >
> > up if I go to one of the interface detail windows because the traffic
> > monitor is too big for the plasmoid window. 2. The "back" button in
> > interface details does not work anymore, I can click on it but it does
> > nothing.
>
> That should not happen, can you send me a screenshot, so I understand the
> problem better?
>
> > 	Is there any easy way to increase applet window? Mousing over the upper-
> >
> > left corner changes mouse cursor as if it would let me resize the window
> > but dragging it does not nothing. By the way, the battery plasmoid also
> > act like that (mouse over changes cursor but does not resize) the
> > difference is that it is the upper-right corner that changes cursor
> > shape. All plasmoids should use only one corner (left or right) to
> > resize window, right? :-)
>
> It's *supposed* to be resizable, I'd need to check the sizehints again so
> that it in fact is.

	Do you mean resizable by user hand (using the mouse)? Last night I found
that the m_leftWidget object is not updating its size when their contents
increase in size. I commited a change to trunk to force it to update its size,
it is working good here and solve the "back" button problem too.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm