K network manager does not work with user rights

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 22:20:07 CEST 2010

	Hi,

	I think the problem where normal user cannot configure connections is
because there is something wrong with policykit permissions (does kubuntu uses
policykit?) or in networkmanager dbus permission file
(/etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf). Programs that uses dbus (like
Plasma Network Management or the old Knm) do not need to run as root. In my
case adding my user to plugdev group let's me configure connections. You can
change the allowed group in /etc/dbus-1/system.d/NetworkManager.conf.

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm