Help to implement some features

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 00:31:29 CEST 2010

Em Segunda-feira 19 Abril 2010, Paul Marchouk escreveu:
> 19.04.2010 20:28, Lamarque Vieira Souza пишет:

> >> Hi Lamarque
> >>
> >> I'm not aware of anyone working on it atm.  The code already existed in
> >> the 0.2 KDE 3 knetworkmanager code but was never reimplemented for KDE
> >> 4. Please go ahead and ask questions if you need to.  There are feature
> >> requests on bugs.kde.org so you would make some friends by adding this
> >> to KNM
> >>
> > 	Ok, I will take a look at 0.2 source code. I am looking at
> >
> > knetworkmanager code now and it there are other little things that I
> > think can be done too. For instance, there is no route information
> > available in the tooltip, it always returns "No route data available",
> > only for KDE 4.2.95 it tries to get the information. I removed the #if
> > KDE_IS_VERSION(4, 2, 95) but it still returns a empty route list, I
> > would like to change that too since it seems an easy thing to do (I may
> > be wrong :-)).
> >
> > 	During this weekend I found that ModemManager already have a
> >
> > GetSignalQuality method, I would like to add this information to the
> > tooltip too. Do you know where I need to change to add it?
>
> Hi Lamarque, I have a patch for storing/getting routes information (IPv4
> settings). And if routes info is blocking you I can check it in. UI is
> not polished, but it works.
> -Pavel

	Is your patch for setting static routes? The problem I described is
because Solid always returns a empty route, even if you use DHCP and the route
is working ok. In monolithic/tooltipbuilder.cpp there is this code:

    else if (requestedInfo == QLatin1String("routes")) {
#if KDE_IS_VERSION(4, 2, 95)
        QList<Solid::Control::IPv4Route> routes = cfg.routes();

        if (!routes.isEmpty()) {
            temp = buildRoutesHtmlTable(routes);
        }
        else temp = i18nc("@info:tooltip No network route data available", "No
route data available");
#else
        temp = i18nc("@info:tooltip No network route data available", "No
route data available");
#endif

                .arg(i18nc("@info:tooltip network routes", "Routes"))
                .arg(temp);
    }

	Even if I remove the #if KDE_IS_VERSION(4, 2, 95), routes.isEmpty()
always returns true. Does your patch solve this issue?

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm