kde network manager and pam_mount

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 18:21:22 CEST 2010

As far as I can tell from the betwork manager man page the scripts in
/etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d would be executed as root.
This means pam_mount would be initialised as root and not with the
credentials of the user that just logged in.

Do you know a nifty way to obtain the credentials of the user that
just logged in so that a script using that could do something like
"su <current-user> -c true"
so that the pam_mount get's kicked into action for that user ?

Cheers
Rob