Creating ad-hoc network using knetworkmanager

Lamarque Vieira Souza lamarque at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 21:26:52 CEST 2009

	Bad news (for me at least), nm-applet has the same behaviour as
knetworkmanager with my 3G connection and ad-hoc network :-( With
knetworkmanager I can edit the connection configuration file to add the baud
rate, but there is no entry for baud rate in nm-applet configuration file. The
ad-hoc shared wireless connection acts the same as with knetworkmanager, it
tries to connect to an AP instead of just configuring the network card as ad-
hoc and wait for the other computer to connect to it. I would like to
implement this in knetworkmanager, but it seems support for it in
networkmanager is also needed :-/

--
Lamarque V. Souza
http://www.geographicguide.com/brazil.htm