Connection Properties patches

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Nov 9 16:15:06 CET 2009

On Sunday 08 November 2009 15:06:23 Andrey Batyiev wrote:
> Please, review patches. First is extract-utils, which allows string
>  functions from tooltipbuilder to use by others, second is connection-info,
>  which makes connection properties window.

Re connection-info patch:

* The dialog looks really good, well done!

* Private members should be named eg m_strength; not just strength to
distinguish them from public member.

* ConnectionInfoWirelessTab::updateAccessPoint should QObject::disconnect()
the existing AP's signals from the update*() methods or every time we roam,
another AP will start updating the dialog at the same time as the existing
ones!

* the properties dialogs should be deleted on close, otherwise they are
hanging around invisibly being updated all the time on changes, which is a
waste in my opinion.

* do 0 return checks on calls like findNetworkInterface() because it's
possible the user will click the properties action at the same time as
removing a network interface!

Currently the dialog clears itself if the connection was deactivated but does
not repopulate itself if it comes back.  I think you should either

* hide the dialog automatically on disconnect

or

* include a state label that becomes 'disconnected' and repopulate the dialog
if it comes back

Will