Artist needed for Network Manager Plasmoid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sat Jun 6 03:05:46 CEST 2009

Hey,

I've sat down (on the couch, no less) to document a bit better the needs for
artwork in the networkmanager plasmoid. I'm looking for an artist who would
adopt networkmanager and create the necessary artwork.

- wireless network connected, actions/network-wireless-connect
- wireless network disconnected, actions/network-wireless-disconnect
- strength-showing wireless SVG for Plasma:
    - 3 - 4 elements showing signal strength
    - 3 connection stages
- wired network connected
- wired network disconnected
    - 3 connection stages
- mobile broadband (3g / umts) connected
- mobile broadband (3g / umts) disconnected
    - 3 - 4 elements showing signal strength
    - 3 connection stages
- network-connect (action) (independant from device)
- network-disconnect (action) (independant from device)
- VPN (rather boring stuff ;))

(I've added them also to the Missing Icons page on techbase, so it doesn't get
lost.)

The current artwork that's there is rather incomplete, and sucks. (I've done
it myself, based on the Oxygen icons). The wireless is badly rendered right
now, and there are some icons that don't really belong to each other.
Metaphorical, it's not easy to do (why is the cable of the wired network
device unplugged, when the network is actually connected?). Especially the
wireless icon has far too little contrast on light backgrounds (which is kinda
crucial for 4.3).

I'll be available to implement this artwork in the applet's code, but I'm
obviously not the right person to create the artwork ;)

so ... help!?
--
sebas