KNetworkManager broken by default due to conflict between KDED based module and monolithic client

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Sun Dec 6 18:11:52 CET 2009

On Sunday 06 December 2009 09:25:21 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Hi Will,
>
> Any idea when the changes were introduced that made the KDE Daemon
> module claim the dbus interface
> "org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerUserSettings" which causes the
> monolithic client to fail to start up? I encountered this when
> starting my system up after my usual SVN update & build just now, and
> had to unload the module to get it to start ( and thus be able to
> connect to my wireless network )

From "svn log
svn+ssh://wstephens@svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdereview/networkmanagement/kded/networkmanagement.desktop":

r1057286 | sebas | 2009-12-01 23:06:18 +0100 (Tue, 01 Dec 2009) | 1 line

automatically load our kded module

--

I'm not sure if this is the right thing to do OOTB, but nothing better than
the 'plasmoid tells kded to load the module on load and knetworkmanager tells

Will