k-n-m 0.7: feedback and questions

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Mon Sep 15 16:49:59 CEST 2008

CC'ed the list again.

Am Freitag, 12. September 2008 15:16:34 schrieb Roderick B. Greening:
> Do you have any suggestions on how to determine what changed? I'd gladly
> write the necessary patches. I have been looking though the KNM code over
> the last two days, trying to get a better handle on how it works. The hard
> part is knowing what changed in NM and when it changed so I can make the
> same mods.
>
> Looking at NM, it's not immediately evident what was changed. However, if I
> know when the breakage occurred, I can start diffing between the SVN
> releases to make patches for KNM.
>
> Any suggestions? I would love to assist in helping get this done.

Hmm, AFAIK the DBus API itself did not change but some properties of the
settings objects changed their names or were shuffled. The easiest way would
be to have a look at the glib settings implementation and compare them with
the settings implementation in KNM.

At least the VPN settings changed a lot, I've already committed some fixes but
didn't test them yet.

> PS: Any idea when you will have more time?

Good question :) maybe in a month or so. Not sure, really.

Helmut