knm-0.7 design decisions

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Sat Feb 9 05:47:50 CET 2008

Hey I was curious as to why for knm-0.7 .  the interface was broken down to
many applets?  right now i get a applet that lets me disable wireless or go
to offline mode.  an applet for my wireless card and another for my wired
connection.

When support is added for GSM devices i assume ill get a 4th applet.  using
nm-applet i get to control all devices from a single applet the same as knm
has always worked.  I also wonder where vpn connections will fall in here.

I personally believe that everything should be contained in a single applet
and that you should be able to do things like connection sharing within a
single container.

so far it seems kwallermanager, vpn, gsm, cdma,  support is missing.  and
wireless/wired is incomplete.  is that a fair statement?   Im going to see
what cycles i have spare.  since I have 4-6 weeks to have it in shape for
fedora 9. or have another release without.

Dennis