KNetworkManager 0.7 - current status

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Tue Dec 16 12:10:17 CET 2008

Hi,

Since NetworkManager 0.7 was released already it would be nice to have a
KNM 0.7 release (KDE3) too. However, there are still a bunch of unresolved
issues:

- KWallet integration (I have an unfinished patch here which needs some
  more work)
- libnss integration (otherwise WPA-EAP and IEEE802.1X connections using
  certificates are not usable)
- Support for system wide connections (Not implemented yet)
- VPN basically works but no overlay icon is displayed and the plugins
  may not be in sync with the NM plugins (OpenVPN for example)
- Several minor issues

I have no idea when I will find some time to fix these up :( but still would
like to have 0.7 released some day. Any volunteers?

Regards,
Helmut