KNetworkManager 0.2.2 released

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Thu Apr 17 15:35:26 CEST 2008

Hi,

CC'ing kde-networkmanager at kde.org

Am Mittwoch, 16. April 2008 03:57:37 schrieben Sie:
> Thanks for the reply. I did down load head and tried to compile it. The
> compile failed and I did a scan thru the log. It looks like the file
>
> 	checking for /etc/NetworkManager/VPN/nm-pptp-service.name... no
>
> has been changed to
>
> 	nm-ppp-starter.name

Are you sure? Perhaps you've build NM without PPTP-support?

> Is this likely a KNetworkManger issue or is it a NetworkManager issue? I
> don't minf trying to fix things, but I would like to fix them in the
> correct place.

Maybe :)

> The other problem that I qucikly ran into were missing files.
>
> knetworkmanager.h:30:43: error: NetworkManager/NetworkManager.h: No such
> file or directory
> knetworkmanager.h:31:46: error: NetworkManager/NetworkManagerVPN.h: No such
> file or directory.

You have to install NetworkManager-devel or similar to get the headerfiles.

> Any thoughts on where I should go to properly fix the filenaming issue?

You can overwrite the configure-check by specifying something like --with-pptp
in KNM. Try that first.

Helmut