KNetworkManager 0.2.2

Michael Biebl biebl at teco.edu
Tue Apr 1 21:37:52 CEST 2008

Zitat von Helmut Schaa <hschaa at suse.de>:

> If nobody has any objections I'll upload the tarballs to the kde-servers
> tomorrow.

A few remarks:

1.) The Debian package ships a patch for the french translation
(01-fix_french_translation.patch). This patch was contributed by a
user, I don't speak french myself, so I can only assume it is correct.
Maybe it would be worth to merge it upstream.

2.)
knetworkmanager/vpn-plugins/openvpn/src/knetworkmanager-openvpn.cpp,
line 180ff:
awk is in /usr/bin on Debian. I'm fine with shipping a Debian specific
patch for that, but I was wondering if we should just remove the path
and only call "awk" (given that KProcess supports running a binary
without specifying the full path).

3.) desktop files
In Debian I ship a patch for the desktop files (05-desktop_file_fixes.patch)
It seems, that the fdo deskop entry spec requires a Name field [1]. It
also adds OnlyShowIn=KDE;
The former fixes should definitely be added imho, if you also add the
OnlyShowIn is more a matter of taste (imho it doesn't make sense to
show knm, if there is already nm-applet).

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/

This mail was sent through TecO-Webmail: http://www.teco.edu