Request for testing (KNetworkManager 0.2.1)

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Sat Oct 20 12:48:37 CEST 2007

On Thursday 18 October 2007, Helmut Schaa wrote:

> Very nice, thanks :)
> I dont't know why the patched version of libnl got used

The reason is that the particular function call that avoids a 2kb per second
memory leak got renamed with no backward compatibility between 1.0pre5 and
1.0pre6 of libnl. As 1.0pre5 seemed to be in much wider use than 1.0pre6
(although I have switched SUSE factory to 1.0pre6 now), I've preferred the
old name of the function, but provided a backward hack in the suse package.

there is no easy way to #ifdef this based on the libnl version installed
(given that libnl doesn't export its version in any of the include files),
but it would certainly be the best option to either add a configure check or
switch to the pre6 api.

Greetings,
Dirk