Request for testing (KNetworkManager 0.2.1)

Robert Buchholz rbu at gentoo.org
Thu Oct 18 11:42:05 CEST 2007

<biebl at debian.org>:

> >> No idea what went wrong here. Let's try to figure it out.
> >
> > This seems to be a suse specific patch against libnl 1.0-pre6:
> > libnl-compat.diff (I attached it for reference).
>
> And the attached, trivial patch obviously fixes this issue.

Seems somewhere between pre5 and pre6 the function was renamed /
removed:

-extern void			nl_cache_destroy(struct nl_cache *);
-extern void			nl_cache_destroy_and_free(struct nl_cache *);
+extern void			nl_cache_clear(struct nl_cache *);
+extern void			nl_cache_free(struct nl_cache *);

So the SuSe patch preserves backward compatibility on the libnl side.

Robert