Request for testing (KNetworkManager 0.2.1)

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Mon Oct 15 10:41:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

Sorry for the long delay but I had not that much time to work on KNM.

I've just made packages for the upcoming KNM bufix release (0.2.1).
You can find them at [1]. It would be great to have the distribution
maintainers give it a try in order to avoid any distribution specific issues
which I am not able to dig for.

Here is a short summary of fixes:
- Systray icon is no more corrupted after resume
  -> had to revert this one as it caused other problems
- Configure switch for "with/without dialup"
- Bug reporting dialog works now :)
- Fix retrieval of keys from KWallet/configfile so that connection to wireless
  networks is reliable
- VPN configure checks now work correctly
- Add dialup config for gentoo and fedora
- Several memory leaks and segfaults fixed
- Add combobox for seleting CCMP or TKIP when using WPA-EAP

Known problems:
- Compilation issues caused by libnl headers
  -> I'm not sure if Thomas Graf already released a new version which contains
     the required fix. If not just keep your patches for this issue.

Btw I think this will be the last KNM release for NM 0.6.x as NM 0.7 is slowly
taking shape. But until KNM is ready for 0.7 its still a long way and any
help would be appreciated ;)

Regards,
Helmut

[1]