Compiling version 0.2 on Fedora 7

Robert Buchholz rbu at gentoo.org
Wed Nov 21 21:51:49 CET 2007

On Wednesday, 21. November 2007, Beso wrote:
> the patch works fine with 1.0_pre6, which i have installed and
> applies very well on its source. this is made because the 1.0_pre6
> has changed some functions and many programs still call in the old
> functions. the 1.0_pre5 also had something modified for suse (since
> knm was developed as a suse project) for what i've learned (but for
> this assertion maybe some other dev could help confirm that) and
> needs a patch for other distros.

Problem here is that the ebuild called "1.0_pre6" is not actually pre6,
but a state after pre5 and before the release of pre6. As far as the
API parts KNM uses, it is "pre5".

If you want to, please open a bug about this and cc me on it. Because
right now, we might not have a version of libnl that will support the
new knm release in vanilla state.

Robert