One more try for 0.2.1

Michael Biebl biebl at debian.org
Tue Nov 20 01:04:09 CET 2007

Helmut Schaa schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> You can find new packages at [1].
>
> Sorry for the long delay but NM 0.7 release is getting closer and I had some
> more responsibilities to care.
>
> The only thing that changed is the integration of Michael's patch to use
> nl_cache_free instead of nl_cache_destroy_and_free and a configure check for
> at least libnl-1.0-pre6.
>
> Please try these new packages against NM-0.6.x and reported back so we can
> release it now.

My system is an up-to-date Debian unstable.
Compiling against libnl-1.0-pre6 still fails (as it did with 0.2) as it
misses the __u?? defines. It requires the attached patch [1] which is a
workaround for a bug in libnl. After using this patch, knm-0.2.1
compiles and runs fine.

Compiling against libnl-1.0-pre7 (which was released recently) fails
too. It shares this problem with NetworkManager, which also doesn't work
with libnl-1.0-pre7. Something to look into.

I also got a user contributed fix for the french translation [2], which
I'd like to see applied upstream.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] 02-linux_types.patch