Compiling version 0.2 on Fedora 7

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 22:02:13 CET 2007

you need to download the files inside the network svn and place them in the
directory where there is knetworkmanager/.
for example let's say that you have downloaded the knetworkmanager in
/usr/src/network/knetworkmanager.
the files here: http://websvn.kde.org/branches/extragear/kde3/network/
and place them in /usr/src/network (remember that you just need to download
the 4 files in this directory and not also the other directories). then run
make -f Makefile.cvs and that will generate the configure script. run
configure and that should work. if it doesn't then you'll also have to
download the kdereview into the /usr/src/network/.

but this script should help you do it in a better way:

#!/bin/sh

svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/extragear/kde3/network
kdenetwork
cd kdenetwork
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/KDE/3.5/kde-common/admin
svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/extragear/kde3/network/knetworkmanager/
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
make
sudo make install

this should download, configure and compile your knm from svn. if the
configure gives you errors do as it says and it should compile.

2007/11/19, Ryan Daly <daly at ctcnet.net>:

> All:
>
> I'm trying to compile KNetworkManager v0.2 on Fedora Core 7, and am
> having some issues.
>
> In knetworkmanager-0.2/INSTALL, it says `configure.in' is used to create
> `configure' by `autoconf'.
>
> I see configure.in.in, but no configure.in.  What am I to do to get
> `configure' created so that I can begin the compile process?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --

dott. ing. beso