Support for phase two authentication

Timo Hoenig thoenig at suse.de
Sun May 20 10:14:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 14:02 +0600, Valentine Sinitsyn wrote:

> Sure, but wouldn't it be better/is it possible to detect NM version at
> runtime? Check for D-Bus iface/method, for instance, or just ask it for
> version?

I'm not sure whether we want to go this way.  First, I am not sure if we
can easily detect this at runtime, second it will probably clutter the
code of KNetworkManager more than if we add a compile time option.
Thus, my preference is a compile time option.  Please let me know if I
have missed another advantage if we're choosing to implement a runtime
check.

In the end it is up to Helmut anyway.  He currently drives the project
and I pretty much guess that he takes patches if we decide to make the
check for the NetworkManager at runtime :-)

> Regards,
> Valentine

Thanks,

   Timo