KNetworkManager crashes on x86_64

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Sun Mar 4 13:33:09 CET 2007

Hi,

we have a strange problem with knetworkmanager 0.1 which we cannot solve on
our own. ;-) When starting on our x86_64 version of Arch Linux it crashes.

You`ll find our forum thread here:
And here are the stack-traces:
	http://www.archlinux.de/~pierre/knetworkmanager-crash.txt
	http://www.archlinux.de/~pierre/knetworkmanager-crash2.txt

Knetworkmanager is running fine on i686 with exactly same configuration and
package versions. The stack trace shows an permission problem; but I don`t
think that this is the reason for crashing here. I got the same trace when
running as root.

The current svn-version does not have this problem; so this must be fixed
somewhere in the past. Would be nice if it is possible to backport this.

I just created a 32 bit chroot environment on my x86_64 system and started the
i686 version of knetworkmanager. It runs without any problems. (sounds quite
strange to me)

Thanks,

Pierre

--