Re: Connection to wireless network - wpa

rozelak at volny.cz rozelak at volny.cz
Thu Jun 14 16:20:18 CEST 2007

> Am Freitag, 8. Juni 2007 schrieb rozelak at volny.cz:
> > Can it be helpful for you? What other stuff should
> > I collect?
> >
> Can you please attach the NetworkManager log? Should
> be somewhere
> like "/var/log/NetworkManager".

Sorry for delay, I was out of Internet connection.

I have collected log messages for both issues - connection to wep wireless
and disabling scanning. Both are sent in attachment - 'connectTry_log'
is the output of the logger, 'connectTry_dbus' is the output of 'dbus-monitor
--system'. Similarly for wireless disabling, in 'disableWL_*' I write
few marks into them when actions were invoked.

The procedure of wpa connection was - I have wireless enabled, I have
chosen 'eduroam' network (displayed in knm with lock symbol next to
the icon and 'encryption protcol: WEP WPA WPA2' in the info box) and
dialog to choose encryption appeared. However, there was no wpa posibility
to choose (just WEP-passphrase, WEP-40-1040bit hex and WEP-40-1040bit
ASCII). Then I canceled the dialog.

The procedure of wireless disable was: I have wireless enabled, and I
have chosen 'Disable wireless' from the Options menu. I think that NM
still continues with scanning, even when eth1 is not active (not displayed
in ifconfig). Knm still informs me that net appearing/disappearing.

Is it helpful? I wish you not many bugs until knm 2.0 is released!
Dan