can not compile svn-snapshot

Helmut Schaa hschaa at suse.de
Thu Feb 15 12:07:43 CET 2007

Am Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007 11:24 schrieb Valentine Sinitsyn:
> Back in September, when I was hacking on configure.in.in for KNM a
> little there were too many places where error message was shown but
> configure continued to run instead of bailing out. This could be the
> issue.

Yes, it is indeed. Currently when a requirement is not met the KDE buildsystem
variable DO_NOT_COMPILE is set. Therefor knm does not get compiled when
calling the top level Makefile. Anyhow the Makefile for knm itself is
generated.

We could use AC_MSG_ERROR instead of DO_NOT_COMPILE but that would cause
configure to abort even if the complete extragear directory is configured.

Suggestions?

Helmut