connecting to wlan on startup

Thorben Kröger thorbenk at gmx.net
Thu Aug 30 19:43:45 CEST 2007

On Thursday 30 August 2007 14:38:45 Helmut Schaa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Donnerstag, 30. August 2007 18:19:23 schrieb Thorben Kröger:
> > Problem: On boot and KDE startup KNetworkManager doesn't _automatically_
> > connect to my WLAN, although I can connect to it manually by selecting it
> > in the gui. It just does nothing when there is no ethernet cable.
>
> I've commited a patch for that problem a few days ago.
> You can find it at [1].

I just compiled knetworkmanager from svn, but this doesn't solve my problem.
I have
StoreKeysUnencrypted=true
in knetworkmanagerrc and now the encrypted networks I connect to aren't even
listed there, and clicking on the ESSID in the list doesn't open a dialog,
but does nothing (I think the bubble flashes briefly, no idea what it is
doing). If I open the "Connect to Other Wireless Network" dialog and enter my
key and stuff, I can connect to my WLAN

Needless to say there's no auto connect.

Any ideas?
Thorben

P.S.: I hope I didn't break anything while trying to install this via Gentoo's
portage...