KDE 4 Solid network management work

Timo Hoenig thoenig at suse.de
Thu Sep 21 13:20:50 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 13:10 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:

<snip>

> I'm currently finishing the first iterations of 2) and 3)  My next plans are
> to write a quick fake backend (4)for testing those, and to work on a NM
> backend using the new Qt4 dbus bindings at Akademy next week.  The current
> work has a lot missing still vs. knm, for example dialup and VPN support.
> And it's still just a library, testbed programs are in progress though.

Just for the record:  The dial up stuff in NetworkManager is being
reworked; there's already a branch [1].  Hence, it's possibly a good
idea to start with that rather than spending time on implementing the
old dial up scheme.

   Timo

[1] New Dial-Up Backend for NetworkManager
    http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/NetworkManager/src/dialup/?only_with_tag=SoC_2006