PATCH: Double buffering and other cosmetic fixes

Michael Biebl biebl at teco.edu
Mon Oct 23 17:38:44 CEST 2006

Valentine Sinitsyn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> attached to this letter is another small patch which implements
> double-buffering of the tray icon abd prevents flicking when showing
> rotating gears. It's a bit hackerish - all the details can be found in
> the my forum post: http://www.qtforum.org/lastpost/17585/Double-buffering-for-KSystemTr.html
>
> Second if is about network strength indicator. As it stands for now,
> it is painted in the context menu under menu header (no surprise since
> it's a child of menu). Simple hide() call solves the problem.

Hi Valentine, hi all!

I maintain the Debian package of knetworkmanager and received a bug
report today regarding this patch. It seems to cause problems [1].

I can reproduce this bug in a way:
When I resume from suspend to ram, and if I use kscreensaver I get the
exact same behaviour (see the attached screenshot). It seems, that under
certain circumstances, the wrong background color is chosen. I'm not
sure if in my case it is because kscreensaver blanks the screen and so
knetworkmanager picks black as bg color.
Any ideas how to solve this problem? How do other systray applet handle
this?

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?