[kde-networkmanager] knetworkmanager and vpn plugins

Michael Biebl biebl at teco.edu
Wed Jun 14 16:56:57 CEST 2006

Michael Biebl wrote:
> Second, password handling. Atm I have to type in the passwords every
> time because the vpn plugins use gnome-keyring internally for storing
> its passwords.
> I think there are two ways to handle this:
> k-n-m could start gnome-keyring-daemon (if existent) and pass the
> environment variables GNOME_KEYRING_SOCKET and GNOME_KEYRING_PID (which
> are returned by g-k-d) to the vpn plugin.

Just had a brief look at knetworkmanager-vpn.cpp. k-n-m already does
exactly what I suggested ;-)
Problem is, that the path to gnome-keyring-daemon is hardcoded to
/opt/gnome/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon. That's why it didn't work on Debian
where it is /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon.
I can easily ship a patch for the Debian package but maybe it would be a
better idea to remove the hardcoded path (and replace it with a
configure switch?).

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?