Tray icon flickering

Valentine Sinitsyn Valentine.Sinitsyn at usu.ru
Tue Jul 11 12:02:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

WS> On Sunday 09 July 2006 15:59, Valentine Sinitsyn wrote:
>> Please discard the previous letter - I wanted to edit it but
>> accidentally pressed "Send deferred mail" button in the mail client.
>>
>> WS> No - it's because the draw to the widget is not double buffered.
>> So you mean that the "right way" is to erase Tray "in backgorund" then
>> drawPixmap() on it then show it?

WS> Something like that, I haven't figured out how to double buffer by hand.
WS> Qt 4 has double buffering for all widgets, not Qt3.

Yes I remembered this after I've sent the letter. I was thinking about
this double-buffering issue. The main problem seems to be how to
"erase Tray contents in the background" - Qt just asks X11 to repaint
an area occupied by Tray to erase it so it could hardly be done
in-memory. I've posted some questions to forums so we'll see if there
is a solution.

Valentine.