Problem with non-broadcasted (private) wireless networks

Patrick LeBoutillier patl at cpan.org
Thu Aug 31 20:46:24 CEST 2006

Hi,

I use my laptop at home and at work. At home, my wireless network SSID
is broadcasted and knetworkmanager works fine. At work however, the
SSID is not broadcasted and knetworkmanager doesn't list it in the
"Wireless Networks" list. I always have to do "Connect To Other
Wireless Network..." and re-enter the SSID and key.

However, if I do "Options > Show Networks...", I see the network
definition there, there's just no way to access it. I can't get it to
show up in the "Wireless Networks" list so that I can activate it.

Any ideas?