Juk integration with Pulseaudio?

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Mon Jul 15 14:46:50 BST 2019

pulse support is conditional on the backend (vlc or gstreamer) having
their respective pulse plugins available and the application running
using a glib event loop (which all Qt applications do by default
unless you or your distribution explicitly make it not), well and
phonon being built with pulse support

chances are setting some environment variables will print output that
tells you what's wrong [1]. particularly PHONON_PULSEAUDIO_DEBUG and
PHONON_BACKEND_DEBUG may be of use.