Juk player

Michael Pyne mpyne at kde.org
Wed Jun 13 03:23:21 BST 2018

On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 03:00:48PM +0200, Rafael Linux User wrote:
> I'm an Audacious player user for years but I just discovered Juk. However,
> I just read it only can play MP3, Flac and Vorbis format. Moreover,
> keyboard shortcut keys are not available. Will you add this features in
> near future?

Keyboard shortcut keys should work fine. See Settings menu, "Configure
Shortcuts".  At the bottom of that dialog you can switch between

* "standard keys" (Ctrl-Alt-P to pause/play, Ctrl-Alt-Left for prev track,
Ctrl-Alt-Right for next track)
* "Multimedia keys" (uses multimedia keys on your keyboard. May require
some keyboard driver support to work).

With either mode you can see which keyboard shortcuts are in effect by
scrolling through the list of actions in the "Configure Shortcuts"
dialog, that way you don't have to refer to this email. ;)

Juk does support more music formats as well, though it does require
support from both Taglib (to read metadata from the music files) and the
underlying Phonon multimedia library. Phonon usually supports everything
though. You can see which file types JuK supports on your system by
going to File -> Open, and opening the "Filter" drop down at the bottom
of the dialog box.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne