Music Player in KDE Multimedia Applications

Matthieu Gallien gallien.matthieu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 09:09:13 GMT 2017

Hello,

I would like to know if there are plans for a default Music Player based on
Qt5/KF5 ?

My understanding is that KDE Applications will need to be based on
Frameworks to be released with KDE Applications 17.12. Is there any plan
from your side with regard to a default music player ?

I plan to continue working on Elisa even if it never becomes default in
KDE. My motivation is still to scratch my own itch like I did for more than
one year.

Still, I would like to plan my work and that depends on opportunities
related to the next applications release.

I have still a few technical blockers for a first release of Elisa but I am
not clear on the exact requirements to migrate from playground. I have
found this wiki page (
https://community.kde.org/Policies/Application_Lifecycle) but I am not sure
is it is up to date.

I believe I have to change the license to GPLv3+ instead of LGPLv3+. I am
not sure if a docbook documentation is required. Do you know other
requirements ?

Best regards