Help wanted to evolve KDEs music players

RISHABH GUPTA rishabh9511 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:42:53 BST 2015

hello all,

With already well established music players like VLC etc ,making a new
music player and bringing it to the  notice of  the users might be
difficult.Adding to the difficulty part are the apps like Sopitfy which in
toady's time most of the people prefer using over any other music app.As it
is also available  as a desktop application people prefer using it over
music players .

So,IMO ,we should give users something that will make them choose between
 apps like spotify and the music player we envision .While going through
the discussions i read about mopidy,which lets you stream music from
cloud,having something of this sort would make this music player  different
from the regular music players.

Letting users create playllists,search for a specific music file are some
of the  features which a player should definitely have.

cheers,
rishabh