Invitation for Randa Meetings 2014

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Feb 14 08:30:53 GMT 2014

Dear Multimedianistas,

we are happy to announce that there will be a "Randa Meetings" event
in 2014, and it is also planned to have a multimedia track there. If
you have already been at a Randa event, you probably don't need any
convincing, but just the date: *August 9th - 15th*.

For everyone else, you can find some general information about the event here:

http://randa-meetings.ch/

In short: The Randa event takes place in the absolutely breathtaking
scenery of the city of Randa in Switzerland. It is an international
convention for KDE contributors coming together to exchange ideas,
work on their projects, and also of course have a really good time. At
each meeting there will be several interest groups invited, for
example there could be a multimedia group, an education group, Plasma
people, etc. You can imagine it as a bit of "meta-sprint", hosting
several developer sprints at the same place, which often leads to a
great results.

In my personal opinion Randa is one of the finest developer meetings,
something you just shouldn't miss when you are invited. To me it's
always like a combination of inspired work and vacation, as there are
also always activities planned to explore the surroundings.

More detailed information (booking, etc) will soon be available from
our organizer Mario Fux. It would be nice if we could already get a
general overview of who would be interested in coming. Please reply to
this email thread.

Regards, Mark.

--
Mark Kretschmann