phonon5 backends things again

Martin Sandsmark martin.sandsmark at kde.org
Mon Aug 11 16:17:25 BST 2014

On Sunday 10. August 2014 11.33.44 Harald Sitter wrote:
> so. how about we kill backends and use libvlc directly (with possibly
> a tiny logic abstraction but no explicit plugin architecture)?

+1 AOL like shipit. Multiple backends provide more problems than solutions.
Plojnner og hæft, as we say in Norway.

Maybe I'll finally finish up my vlc-kio-plugin as well (it will have to live in
phonon for the time being, though, because of how the vlc the application
itself mishandles Qt, and I don't have the time to tackle that).

--
Martin Sandsmark