Fwd: Let's get ready to mentor the next bunch of Google Code-in students

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Sun Oct 20 09:38:05 BST 2013

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Lydia Pintscher <lydia at kde.org>
Date: Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Subject: Re: Let's get ready to mentor the next bunch of Google Code-in students
<kde-soc at kde.org>, kde-devel <kde-devel at kde.org>, informing about and
discussing non-technical community topics <kde-community at kde.org>
Cc: Teo Mrnjavac <teo at kde.org>, Myriam Rita Schweingruber
<myriam at kde.org>, David Edmundson <david at davidedmundson.co.uk>,
Valorie Zimmerman <valorie at kde.org>

Heya folks :)

> Within the next 2 weeks we need to collect tasks for the 13 to 18 year
> olds to work on during Code-in. These tasks are the most important
> part of our application. Please help find exciting and useful tasks
> and submit them via this form:
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17C81ExuBcgU5_Wkj1Zt035vCxbquhS61Lzob2oX4R8U/viewform
>
> You can see all tasks already submitted here:
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Al1cWa29jR2idGE5VGI2Uno5TEJrelFURHZVd2NvNkE&output=html
>
> And for some inspiration here are the tasks we offered last year:
> http://community.kde.org/GoogleCodeIn/2012/Ideas

So far only Myriam submitted a task. We need to step up our game
considerably here if we want to have a chance with our application.
Please take the time and add some tasks today. Thank you!

Cheers
Lydia

KDE e.V. Board of Directors / KDE Community Working Group
http://kde.org - http://open-advice.org

http://www.fsfe.org