phonon5 and the metadata

Harald Sitter sitter at kde.org
Sat Nov 2 15:37:09 GMT 2013

Strawpoll:

What do you prefer? What do you use right now?

QStringList Player::metaData(Enum e);
or
QStringList Player::metaData(QString s); // as per [1]

Rationale:
Right now we have both and it seems to me that having a string based
getter doesn't give any advantage over the enum one. If anything with
QString it's even more cumbersome because it becomes
::metaData(QLatin1Literal("ALBUM")) with QT_NO_URL_CAST_FROM_STRING.

Well there is one advantage... if [1] gets expanded and the
backend/subsystem picks that up before phonon does. Happens once in a
1000 years, I guess we should support that :P

[1] http://xiph.org/vorbis/doc/v-comment.html

HS