GSOC suggestions

todd rme toddrme2178 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 23:26:02 GMT 2013

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM, Harald Sitter <sitter.harald at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM, todd rme <toddrme2178 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I have some suggestions for possible project ideas for this year's
>> GSOC, fitting the theme "polishing existing things".  I am not
>> intending to be an applicant or a mentor, and these may not be good
>> ideas, so feel free to accept them or not as you see fit:
>

> if you have more of the polishing ideas please share. doing a gsoc project
> with many small things may be interesting.

Some other possible projects:

Allow editing song metadata in the information panel in the audiocd
kio slave.  So someone can click on, say, and mp3 song, the metadata
will show up in the information panel, and the user can double-click
(or click a button next to the text) to modify it, either for one song
or all.  If this isn't a big enough project, perhaps also support more
formats, or even use phonon (I am not sure phonon is really suitable),
and/or integrate replaygain support (or some sort of volume
normalization).

Integrate libkcddb and nepomuk-metadata-extractor.  Combine the
features of the two to create a single nepomuk-based CD metadata
handler.  Probably whoever does this should be in tough with the
Amarok and kid3 developers to try to make the system usable by them as
well.